Tuesday 10 May 2011

FOUND/ADOPT: Sparky - healthy, intelligent, playful, adaptable, disciplined 4+yo female jrt (void deck, 4 apr 2011)




I am writing in to seek help from you, as I would want to seek adoption for an abandoned JRT which I had found more than a month ago. I had attached the photos .

She is called Sparky, a name given by my dad. We found this little female dog loitering in our void deck, on 04/04/2011. She looked lost and was scavenging for food.

We took her in, brought her to the vet, where she was declared to be healthy. The vet estimated her to be around 4-5 yo, and she has yet to be spayed. Till date, we have sent her for two sessions of grooming and we bathed her twice weekly.

Sparky turned out to be a very intelligent and playful JRT, who seldom barks unless she sees cats or other dogs in her sight. She is also highly adaptable to new surroundings, as she quickly settled herself in our house within a couple of days, and began to recognize us as her new owners. She is also disciplined in the sense that she will not poo or pee inside your house (she will only do her calling of nature on the grass), and she is friendly with children too.

But our joy of finding such a wonderful gift was short lived, as my mother did not like the idea of Sparky walking around in the house. She was reluctant to keep a dog in the house in the first place. Sparky was then leashed in the house and her freedom of movement was fettered. But we had been giving her ample play time by bringing her to regular walks in the parks, where she enjoy exploring the fields, chasing after the pigeons etc

There had been recent escalating conflicts between my parents because of Sparky. They came into a final consensus of giving Sparky away. It was a rather painful decision for my dad, because like us, he had grew to love Sparky, after keeping her for more than a month.

I do hope Sparky will be able to find a conducive home and loving owners who will treasure her and give her the best in life. Do contact me through teo2ab@ymail.com or sms me at 98316233.

Thank you,
Benjamin.

[tue 10 may 2011. shared on request. source: email, mon 9 may 2011.]