Wednesday 18 May 2011

[rehomed!] SOS! FOSTER/ADOPT BY TUE 10 MAY: Ewoke - friendly, innocent sterilised 13yo male schnauzer, loves food


I really do hope to find a adopter soon for my dog (Ewoke), as the main carer (my dad) for my dog dad is currently sick & will be going for an operation soon.

As myself, I am based overseas for work and I can't assist in anyway. My dad will have no choice but to send our dog to SPCA (as he has no means to take care of the dog anymore, especially after the operation)

Due to my dog's old age, I understand that he will be put to sleep due to his old age plus due to a very slim chance of anyone adopting him.

We have been looking for a kind person who will adopt our dog but it seems really hard to find someone. Below are some further details.

(a) Age:
12-13years old (we adopt him years ago and was told he was 3/4years old at that time); but he looks younger than his age

(b) Gender:
Male

(c) Sterilised?
Yes (i.e. no 'balls', but I don't have any cert. to prove)

(d) Vaccinated?
No

(e) Personality/Temperament:
Friendly & innocent dog, only barks at strangers. If you ask him to come to you (e.g. saying "come" or tap on the floor, he will come to you). I tried playing hide & seek with him before and just called his name - "Ewoke", he is able to look for me :)

Able to listen to simple commands like 'sit', 'shake hand' but if not trained with him often, he will tend to forget.

Loves food, eat almost anything you give it to him (not a fussy eater).

He cares for your attention but will not fuss if not given.

(f) Any special needs? (eg. Food allergies, medication etc.)
Need to walk once a day. As he is older now, its preferable to walk him twice.
Preferable to eat vegetables & dry food only to avoid further gum/smell problem, which he is currently facing (due to old age).
Recommended to bath thrice a week.

(g) History/Description:
Has some smell due to ear/gum issues (however, if bath often, it would be ok)

*Looking for sincere/true adopters, no adoption fees required.

Regards,
Jasmine

wed 18 may 2011
thanks to a kind-hearted adopter, ewoke has been saved and taken out of the spca.