Sunday 17 October 2010

[rip] FOSTER/SPONSOR VET FEES: Manja the female community cat w tumors in intestines


Manja is a community cat from under my block, her weight dropped drastically in two weeks. She used to be chubby and healthy, but a few days ago, I found her very skinny and dehydrated. She was eating/drinking, just not much.

I brought her to the vet (The Joyous Vet at Sunset Place, CCK) on Thursday, the outlook was not that great. Blood tests came out all fine, but the doctor felt a lot of lumps in her intestines, and have confirmed that it is cancer. She had to be hospitalised and put under IV because she was severely dehydrated. She is still at the clinic now.

The cost of the blood test was $80+, and each night at the vet would cost $18. Also, with the medication etc, I don't know how much it would cost me. I've paid a deposit of $200, but I have a grim feeling that it might cost more. I can update you with scans of the medical bills later.

Because she has cancer (tumors in her intestines), she doesn't have that much long to live. The doctor had said that she has, at most, 6 months to live. I already own 4 cats (1 of which just got sick), and I cannot take in anymore.

How You Can Help:
I hope to find someone who is willing to foster Manja for the remaining months that she has to live. I don't think putting her back out on the streets now is a good idea, and neither am I asking for someone to take her and provide her chemotherapy. I just hope someone would be willing to make the remainder of her life pleasant and peaceful.

I also hope to be able to receive donations to offset Manja's medical bills.

Even a shelter would be fine. if there is a shelter that is willing to take her, I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee.

Thank you.

[sun 17 oct 2010. reproduced with permission of post creator. source: tagged on http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1668207186181&set=a.1323134239573.2048276.1267377338 and mentioned on twitter, sat 16 oct 2010. original post: http://www.catwelfare.org/node/3348, sat 16 oct 2010.]

thu 18 nov 2010
manja died on sun 31 oct
http://lovekuchingproject.blogspot.com/2010/10/manja-left-us-quietly-at-340a.html