Thursday 15 December 2011

[rehomed!] ADOPT: Sweet, quiet Dexter - 2yo male mongrel


Hi, my name is Dexter. I’m a quiet dog who gets along with most other dogs. I love a good walk but when I get tired, I always flop down on my tummy. The humans always sigh and laugh when they see me lying on the ground halfway through my walk.

I’m one of the most loving dogs at the shelter. You will often see me licking the other dogs at the shelter to help clean them or to lick their wounds. I love a good chew. When the humans throw us those chew sticks, I am content to hide at a corner to chew the day away.

When humans enter our compound, I’m usually one of the last dogs to get their attention. Unlike the others, I don’t rush forward. I sit on the bed calmly and patiently for them to come.

Perhaps that’s why I always get neglected. I do wish the humans would look my way sometimes and spare me a cuddle. Because even though I don’t show it, I do like some human affection.

If you’ve other dogs at home or if you’re on the lookout for a low maintenance dog to call a friend, please say that I’m the one for you!

Adapted from: https://sites.google.com/site/gpfrehome/dexter

Please visit: http://gentlepaws2010.blogspot.com/2011/06/underdog-no-more.html for more information on Dexter.

[tue 5 jul 2011. shared on request. source: email, 2 jul 2011.]

15.12.11
Dexter's rehome has been confirmed :) he has settled down wonderfully and unexpectedly fast. With love from Snowball, he seems really happy :) thanks to Dean and Juliana.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150543176911289&set=a.415360501288.200536.400903546288&type=1&ref=nf